Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Slow Your Roll



RELAX - DRANK is a sort of anti-energy drink. The purple can (just as ugly as energy drink cans) advertises it as an "Extreme Relaxation Beverage" that will "slow your roll". I felt this seemed perfect for a late night beverage, so I picked one up at the Late Night Deli (along with a Snapple Apple for tomorrow). The can explains, "We have combined Rose Hips, Melatonin, and Valerian Root with a great tasting beverage to create the industry's first 'Relaxed Lifestyle Beverage'. These ingredients have the ability to relax your body, mind and soul, so when life comes at you fast, just remember to 'slow your roll' with DRANK."

Well, life has been coming at me fast lately, and so far this bev is not relaxing me noticeably. It tastes very unnatural but has a mild grape finish that is semi-appealing. I'll have to follow up this review later with any update on the relaxation effects. After a few more sips, it definitely tastes too much like Sparks. But again, it's drinkable, if not a bombev. Probably won't drink again, but I like the idea of a Sleepytime Tea for soda lovers.

update: gave me mild hallucinations a couple hours later

No comments: